HOME / CAREERS
LOCATION: London, ON
To function as a responsible leader of management, to create and maintain high standards of quality in the repair and maintenance of customers’ vehicles, to produce sales and profits in accordance with The Mufflerman objectives, and to service the needs of the customer as per our motto of Quality, Service, Trust.Trust.
- Managing sales of parts and labour on a daily basis assuring that:
- The customers’ vehicles are properly repaired.
- The customers’ maintenance needs are discovered and communicated.
- All sales available from each customer are asked for.
- Use of two estimate system.
- Securing signed agreements with the customer as to price and time of job completion, and communicating to the customer and securing consent for any changes in the original agreement and write clear, concise explanation of all customer complaints so that the technicians will have a complete understanding of the problem.
- Reaching sales forecast by means of daily planning and daily tracking of results.
- Implementing most customer relations activities, including minor adjustments to the bills authorized, while keeping management informed of all efforts.
- Promoting Supplier Incentive Programs (Walker, Monroe, Federal Mogul, etc.)
- Utilizing bay scheduling.
- Greet customers promptly and courteously upon arrival.
- Determine the main reason for the customers’ visit to The Mufflerman.
- Review with the customer the history record and introduce the service menu, indicating recommended factory maintenance.
- Complete verbal agreements by having the customer authorize the estimated repair or work order by signining it.
- Maintain a daily service control schedule with priority attention being given to appointments, carry-overs, or special problems.
- Coordinate the work load.
- Keep abreast of the shop workload status to determine what types of work can be sold throughout the day, progress check each job throughout the day and continuously call the customer with updates to the status of their vehicle.
- Communicate with the customer on any change in the original agreement. Ensure that all prime items have been inspected for quality workmanship. Flag the technician for all flat rate repair work performed, and that all installer incentives have been awarded.
- Inspect each completed RO or work ordered hard copy carefully. Make sure it is complete with complaint, cause, and correction.
- Call the customer when the repair is completed and the paperwork is finished. Review the RO with the customer, explaining all times thoroughly, including parts which were ordered.
- Communicate to the customer that all staff are ethical, friendly people who are personally interested in seeing that customers get the best treatment and service.
- Comply with company standards for personal appearance and conduct.
- Maintain technical knowledge at a level commensurate with the need for communication with the customer.
- Maintain and update knowledge of exact prices of the most commonly sold repair items and maintenance packages.
- Keep informed of all customer relations activities and problems, actual or potential.
- Use business cards, history records, and the telephone to keep in touch with customers and bring them back in for maintenance services. Using the computer generated report, call customers at appropriate intervals to schedule declined services.
- Complete and file all Drive Clean and Safety certificate paperwork.
- Complete reports in sales to end the day, the week, and the month.
- Complete daily bank deposits and deliver the same day.
- Generate orders and e-mail to replenish inventory.
- Return unsold parts to suppliers.
- Reconcile all purchase orders and packing slips before they are sent to Head Office.
- Complete payroll, time sheets, quota sheets, and bonus sheets.
- Schedule used tire pickups.
- Keep office area and washrooms clean and tidy.
- Mop and clean daily.
- Clean washrooms daily.
- Maintain coffee counter daily with fresh coffee three times daily.
- Clean all counters and desks daily.
Please fill out the form and upload your resume in pdf or word document format. When completed, select the Apply for this Job button and we will review your application. If you have any issues please contact us at: